Class Promise

Our district has adopted the Capturing Kids' Hearts program.  Every year we make a social contract in my class during the first couple weeks of school.  In first grade terms, we make a class promise.  We discuss what a contract means and then what a promise means to us.  The kids list how they want to be treated by their peers and me.  Once we all agree, we each sign it like an adult would sign a contract.  The kids think this is very cool and take it so seriously! By this point in the year, I hear students make comments to each other like "that's not acting like our social contract says." I love it! When kids start to self-mange, it makes me proud!  The orange did not show up well in the picture.  Those things say- treat others the way you want to be treated and keep hands and feet to yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment